Granisetron (By mouth)
Treats nausea and vomiting caused by cancer treatments (chemotherapy or radiation).
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to granisetron.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed. You will take this medicine only on the days you have your cancer treatment.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- It is best to take this medicine with food or milk.
If a dose is missed:
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Chest pain.
- Feeling unusually tired, weak, or anxious.
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting.
- Stomach pain, upset stomach, constipation, or diarrhea.
- Unable to sleep, or feeling overly sleepy.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 10/10/2019